Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Perth

I haven't been feeling quite well since I arrived in Perth, and yesterday I fell apart. In the middle of my meetings I started to get the shivers and shakes, and I obviously had a fever - in addition to fighting jet lag!

I went to bed at 2.30pm and my fever kept breaking until about 8pm last night, then I started to feel better. I missed dinner with everyone but they brought back some meds for me which I promptly took and slept again. It must have been the 24 hour flu as I have a few remaining symptoms, not 100% but certainly much, much improved from yesterday. There is nothing scarier than being in a foreign country and very ill... even if it is Australia.

Yesterday it was partly cloudy and 93 degrees, should be cooler today (mid-80s). Unfortunately I will have to catch up on all of the lost time from yesterday. Tomorrow we have a morning sunrise breakfast on the water and Thursday night is a sunset sail... nice!

Off to work...

No comments: